Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why Did She Fall For Him

I've been enjoying the fact that my 62-year old Mom is now starting the saga and loving it. In perfect "Mom" style, she wants to know "is that girl stupid- running around with a vampire?"....she doesn't quite get how someone falls for a vampire.

Which got me to thinking. Did Bella fall for a man that just happened to be a vampire OR did Bella fall for the man because he is a vampire. That is, did his vampiric qualities (his charm, his looks, the mystery, the danger...the list goes on) actually cause her to fall in love.

-Robin

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a very interesting question. I think Bella was initially attracted to Edward because of his vampiric qualities, but I think she fell in love with him because of who he is. As strong as the attraction was, I don't think she would have stayed with him if he hadn't been the right man for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely initially physical attraction. But when she finds out he is a vampire she ultimately decides it's a nonissue because it is too late - she is head over heels for him. So, I believe that she understood more about him but it wasn't because he was a vampire that she was in love with him. She loved spending time with him. As it was, he could barely touch her, so if it was purely physical she was setting herself up to be disappointed in the beginning (until the last book when she is very not-disappointed)

    ReplyDelete