Friday, April 17, 2009

Most Compelling Secondary Character

If you could choose to have Stephenie Meyer write a spinoff novel about a secondary character, who would you choose, and why? The possibilities are many:

1. Jasper/Alice

2. Rosalie/Emmett

3. Carlisle/Esme

4. The Volturi, together or separately

5. James/Victoria

6. The Denali Clan

7. The Irish Clan

8. The Amazons

9. The rogue vampire who was Nahuel's father

And I could go on...

Personally, I'd love to see Carlisle's full story, along with how he and Esme fell in love. I'd also be fascinated to read the history of the Volturi from Aro's perspective, which would fit in nicely with his "histories" mentioned in the series.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to read Carlisle's story. He, to me, seems to be the unacknowledged heart of the Twilight saga, or maybe its conscience. However I would also absolutely love to know the full story of Alice and Jasper. I think there's a powerful love story that would be every bit as enthralling as Edward and Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go with Alice and Jasper. I'd love to see her search out information about her past. I think just the fact that it's somewhat of a mystery makes it more exciting.

    I'd like to see more of the Quileute tribe, as well. It would be interesting to hear more of the history there, and the direction the tribe takes after the vampire/werewolf population boom during Breaking Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a spin off that follows all of the Cullen Clan couples meeting up would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love Jasper and Alice- just because I find her so intriguing- especially the history of the time when she was changed- would be hard to tell though since she doesn't remember it.

    Honestly, I think Jacob and Renesmee could spin off so easily- as long as Edward, Bella and the other Cullens stay very involved.

    ReplyDelete