Thursday, September 10, 2009

In Case Anyone is Still Reading...

I was talking to Momz the other day, and she made the following observation:

"I'm so glad I've gotten past the whole Twilight thing."

It made me think, as Momz comments most often do. Am I over my Twilight obsession?

No. Not really. I'm not continuously re-reading the books, but I just re-read New Moon, and am lazily re-reading Eclipse.

I am visiting the New Moon Movie site as well as Entertainment Weekly's Special Twilight Coverage section to see new pictures from the film.

(In case you want to know, it's looking good. Volturi look awesome. Edward makes me want to weep gently. I'm even feeling warm about Jacob. I'm very excited.)

I have finished a draft of my own "vampire novel." (Not fanfic, not based on Twilight at all, but thought I'd mention it. 97,000 words. Anyone know an agent?)

I have a rough sketch of an upper-level high school/college-level course called "Twilight and its Impact on American Culture." If I ever get that Ph.D, I'll be rarin' to go.

But all is not lost! I have not invested hundreds of dollars in the officially licensed Twilight dolls and have dismantled the scale model of Forks/LaPush in the basement. I did not bid on the Authentic Certified Copy of Bella's Engagement Ring on eBay. And when my son appropriated my Lion and Lamb keychain, I let him keep it.

So I suppose I'm getting better. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I find myself cooling off, as well. I still love the series, but life seems to have taken precedence for awhile ;) It's kind of funny, since one of the things I love so much about the book is reliving that exciting "new love" feeling, after years of only experiencing "old, comfortable, everyday love," that now my exciting new love for Twilight is fading into that same old ordinary comfortable love. I suppose in a year or two, I'll be bored, and looking for something to read, and pick up Twilight, and start all over again. For the time being, I'm rereading Harry Potter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Have kinda gone off the Twilight phase publicly. (I tell everyone i'm over it, But really i'm not) I'm just sick of the fact that EVEYONE likes it. I'm one of those types of peoplewho likes to be infatuated (see that.. i ddint use obsessed..) with thing people have absolutley no idea about. When i first found out about twilight i was sure i was the only person on earth who's read the books. It kinda reminds me of high school musical and the Jonas boys or whatever they're called, its becoming very Disney. putting a childish cloud around it. I dont like that.. :S

    But despite all of that, i'm still madly in love with the Twilight Saga. Inever let anyone borrow my twilight books, as i'm afraid they'll bend the cover or rip a page.

    ReplyDelete